Having your own app with deliveries lets you reach customers at home. It increases your revenue by providing convenience to your customers who don't want to physically pick up from your stores. What if you don't have your own delivery people in-house in your team? You can now get no-commission deliveries by DoorDash in your own mobile ordering app with Orda.
In the last few years, a new breed of delivery service has emerged. These companies, like DoorDash Drive and Uber Direct, do not sell products or services themselves. Instead, they contract with businesses in a variety of fields for delivery services. What makes third-party delivery services so valuable? Speed and cost are two factors that have kept these businesses thriving in a highly competitive industry. Most services use advanced technology to create an efficient method to deliver products from one point to another. The process typically starts with a customer ordering a product from the online merchant. The merchant then contacts the third-party delivery service provider, which in turn delivers from the store to the customer.
This post covers how third-party deliveries work in your own mobile app.
Integrate delivery into your own app
Thanks to the Orda and DoorDashpartnership, you can now reach customers at home with no commission delivery through your own mobile app! First, you must sign up your mobile ordering app with Orda. The rest of this guide will cover how to set up your third-party deliveries.
Step 1. Sign Up For No-Commission Delivery
- Go to https://www.getorda.com
- Click Sign In in the top right and log in.
- Click Marketplace on the left.
- Where it says Doordash, click Install, then Open.
Step 2. Configure Delivery Settings
- Service Fee: Enter how much of the delivery fee you want to pass onto customers.
- Minimum Order: Enter the minimum order amount you will require for delivery.
- Maximum Delivery Radius in miles: Enter how many miles you want to deliver up to.
Step 3. Enable Delivery for Each Location
- Click Locations on the left.
- You will see the locations you configured in Square.
- For each location, click the Edit icon. If you do not see the location address, you must add the address in the Square Dashboard.
- Enable Delivery.
- Click Save.
- Repeat #5–7 for every location.
- Click Save.
Step 4. Enable Tips
DoorDash requires you to enable tips if you haven't already done so. Your customers aren't required to tip but DoorDash requires tips to be shown as an option.
- In Orda Dashboard, Click Marketplace on the left.
- Where it says Tipping, click Install, then Open.
- Enable tipping.
- Set a title for tipping, e.g. Add A Tip.
- Add fixed amount or percent amount options. DoorDash requires 20% to be shown as an option.
- Check on the option you want to be the default. If none are checked the default will be $0.
- Click Save.
Step 5. Publish Update
Follow this guide to publish your update.
Step 6. Do A Test Delivery
Refresh your app and do a delivery to confirm that your settings are working.
You will be able to track your deliveries and contact DoorDash support in your Orda Dashboard. Congrats, you now have your on-demand delivery fleet at the click of a button!